- Bylaws (last amended July 19, 2012)
- Chapter Leadership Manual (Español | Français | Português | Pусский) – Prepared by the Leadership Development Team to help new leaders navigate the ins and outs of establishing and operating a successful chapter. The manual provides guidelines on many facets of Law Society leadership, including (but not limited to) building a membership base, organizing a Board of Directors, planning activities that serve others and promote religious liberty, and setting goals to achieve Quality, Outstanding, or Developing Chapter Awards.
- Chapter Relations – Quality Chapter Award | Outstanding Chapter Award | Developing Chapter Award | Chapter Leadership Nomination | International Chapter Leadership Travel Application | US-Based Chapter Leadership Travel Application
- Finance – Annual Report of Remote Cash Receipts and Disbursements | Annual Bank Reconciliation | Expense Reimbursement Form
- Young Lawyers & Students – Student Leadership Travel Application
- Media – Publicity Request | Story Submission
- Speakers – Speaker & Award Approval Request
Leadership Development & Training
The Leadership Development Team (LDT) is committed to harnessing the experience and ability of Law Society leaders around the world to help us grow and better serve our communities. If you’d like the LDT to provide training to your chapter leaders, or if you’re willing to share your own experiences and insights with other chapters, please complete this short survey.
Leader Orientation Modules
To assist chapter leaders in being successful in their new roles, the LDT has prepared the following modules that we invite each new leader to complete. Beginning in 2019, a one-hour review of these materials by chapter leadership became a requirement to receive the Quality or Outstanding Chapter Award.
Chapter Creation & Development (Español) | Religious Freedom (Español) | Service & Outreach | How to Build WIL in Your Chapter (Español) | Young Lawyers & Students (Español) | Latin America Liaison (Español) | Why I Love the Annual Leadership Conference
How to Tell a Story | Leadership Manual Training (Español) | Principles of Effective Leadership | Structure & Resources | How Women in Law Supports the Law Society | Chapter & Committee Chair Website Training
Leadership Development Team
Jim Moss: Payne & Fears, 299 S. Main St., Ste. 1328 SLC | 949.836.1700 | jrm@paynefears.
Dave Armstrong: Kirton & McConkie, 50 E. South Temple, SLC | 801.240.0385 | darmstrong@
Jorge Pazos: Prime Insurance Company, 8722 S. Harrison Street, Sandy, UT | 801.830.4806 | jorgepazos@
Morris Linton: IHC (retired), SLC | 801.455.5280 | morrisdlinton@
Susannah Thomas: Dept. of the Interior, 125 S. State St., Suite 6201, SLC | 801.524.5677, x224 | email@example.com
Matt Richards Kirton & McConkie SLC | 801.328.3600 | mrichards@
Richard Salgado Jones Day, Dallas | 214.969.3620 | rsalgado@
Brandon Christensen Holland & Hart, SLC | 801.799.5800 | btchristensen@